Friday, April 23, 2010

Don't forget about flexibility...

When you think about physical fitness programs, most people focus on
cardiovascular endurance and strength training. Flexibility and
stretching, for most people, come as an after thought. However, most
people don’t realize that flexibility is equally important. Stretching
helps decrease muscle stiffness, increases range of motion, helps to
improve posture, and helps you manage stress (just to name a few).
Still not totally convinced flexibility can make a huge impact in your life? Take a look at the
list below. All of these concerns can be helped through a stretching program.

· I want to manage my stress better
· I want to have a special relaxation time
· I want my daily activities to be easier
· I want to feel less stiff after sitting at work all day
· I want to start & end my day off feeling healthy
· I want to be more stable when I walk
· I want to improve my athletic performance
· I want to reduce my muscle soreness after exercise
· I want to lead a healthy lifestyle

All of these concerns can be helped through a stretching program. If you would like to
achieve any of the above goals, stretching may be just the answer!
Information gathered from the Wellness Councils of America

No comments:

Post a Comment